Here is something different for you. I decided to review/compare my must have items for you.
~ ONE ~
Jane Iredale Active Light Under Eye Concealor vs. Jane Iredale Circle/Delete Under Eye Concealor
– WINNER…Circle/Delete! –
Why? Circle/delete – the little circular tub – won because:
1. It stays put all day! (Active Light does not).
2. It does NOT leave concealor crease in my eye lid! (Active Light DOES)!
3. The price is $35 (plus tax) and very decent for a good quality concealor.
4. It does an excellent job at covering my dark eye circles (THIS IS A MUST and Active Light DOES NOT do this).
5. The brush does a great job spreading the concealor. (This is NOT the case with Active Light).
Nars vs Mac Blushes
-WINNER…Nars blushes! –
Why? Nars blushes won – and only by a little bit – because:
1. I get points for buying Nars at Sephora.
2. I love the colour and shimmer of Nars.
3. The colours work better with my pale skin.
~ THREE ~
Back combing brushes – Dannyco vs. Cricked Amped UP!
– WINNER…Dannyco! –
Why? Dannyco won because:
1. It works WAAAY better at backcombing and it lasts ALL day (and night and throughout my shower too!).
2. It cost me $7.99 for a product made of bamboo and boar bristle! (Amped UP! is made of nylon and didn’t work at all!)
~ FOUR ~
Bumble & Bumble Volumizing Styling products
– WINNER…Bb texture! –
Why? Bb texture won because:
1. It not only provides texture, but GREAT volume. (I got zero volume from the Bb Thickening Hairspray).
2. I only need a tiny bit of the Bb texture, so it’s lasting a lot longer! (The Bb Thickening Hairspray I needed a ton and even still I didn’t get the desired volume).
~ FIVE ~
CHI Hair Straightener vs GHD Hair Straighteners
– WINNER…GHD! –
Why? GHD won because:
1. It heats up in less than a minute! (CHI took well over a minute).
2. It’s still working after a year! (I’ve tried two CHI’s and the electrical went on BOTH!)
3. I bought the GHD brand new off of Kijij for $80! (CHI I bought in-store, brand new for $120).
4. It gets hotter than the CHI and so the style lasts longer.
5. It doesn’t pull when hair out when I use it! (My hair always got caught in the CHI ceramic blades).
Hope you enjoyed my first product review! I hope to make this more regular!