Here are my favorite foods this week! Don’t forget to link up with Hallie!
1. Muffins. In general, these are my favorite breakfast foods because 1) they taste good with coffee 2) they are easy to make 3) I can put my kids in their high chairs with a muffin and enjoy my own breakfast! This recipe is a favorite of mine, but I’ve actually adapted it into something I like better and the kids LOVE it! This is what I substitute in the recipe:
2 cups whole wheat flour – 3 cups blended oats
1/2 c canola oil – 1/2 coconut oil
2 eggs – 1 banana
1/2 c honey – 1/2 c maple syrup
Try her version and my version. I’m sure you’ll love both!
2. Coffee! I am actually not sure how I could function without my coffee in the morning…Because my darling husband bought me a Keurig for my birthday last year, I’ve been working hard to get cheap or free k-cups. I honestly love these Melitta K-Cups because a) they are free and b) they actually taste good! I’m not a terribly picky coffee drinker – except I hate it when it’s weak.
($70 worth of k-cups for FREE)
3. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. The noodles aren’t added to this yet, but it’s a delicious, easy and cheap meal. After we have a roast chicken I just simmer the bones for an hour with salt, pepper and a bay leaf, then add chopped carrots and celery and boil for half an hour. Mmmm my house smells amazing!
4. Grapes. Probably one of my most favorite fruits, except when I get a bad bunch. They are simply so delicious when they are cold, crisp and firm. I love biting into it and having the juices burst in my mouth. So. Good. Red ones are my favorite.
5. Chocolate. Seriously anything chocolate will do. I honestly eat a tiny little bit of chocolate every, single day.