1. Ben thinks the toilet bowl is his own little splash pool. (GROSS! Ugh, fishing out that toy from the toilet was delightful…).
2. Huggies diapers are not as reliable as Pampers to keep poop contained inside the diaper. (Found some on the carpet and Ben’s ankle – GAG).
3. It’s a bad idea to explore new running trails with the kids, right before lunch, when it’s 25C outside.
4. Eggs are the easiest meal ever for hungry kids.
5. Unpacking an entire house is a lot of work and requires multiple breaks. (Where did the shoes go?! Seriously! We’re missing a pair of Ryan’s and 1 shoe out of 2 different pairs of Chloe’s shoes!).
I went for a run yesterday right after Ryan came home from work: might as well keep going with the running while the adrenaline rush is still high. There are quite a few more hills here than in Edmonton; challenge accepted! I managed to get my 5K run in 25 minutes again but because of the heat had to take a couple walking breaks.
Supper was delicious! BBQ’d roast beef, garden carrots, beans and potatoes from my mother-in-law. Mmm frugal living (free veggies and $8 roast) and healthy eating couldn’t taste better than that!
Let me start off with saying “This was AMAZING!” The run was tough but there was nothing quite like crossing that finish line and realizing you just ran down and up a mountain (!) covered in MUD!
We unofficially called our team ‘Mismatched Moms’, mainly because we didn’t buy team costumes (which we realized was a mistake – with 500 people running every half hour, wearing black was a bad idea :P).
Here is my before picture:
Tired (was up at 5:30am) but incredibly excited!
Here are a couple of my after pictures!
I was very pleased with my time and placement, and now have something to look forward to and beat next year!
The stats may be hard to see, but my time was 1:11:35 and I placed 1770/6555 out of all the women: I’m pleased with that!
Now, I’m looking into doing the Olds Mud Run in September!